Career outlook for car rental agent
UK Salary Ranges
Currently employed in Scotland
What's it like?
You would hire out cars to people for work and holidays.
You’d handle all the administration needed to rent vehicles to businesses and the public. You’d explain the arrangements and costs to the customers and you’d help with their questions or complaints.
- Answer customer enquiries about what vehicles are available and what they cost to hire
- Take bookings
- Explain the terms of the rental or leasing agreements
- Check a customer’s driving licence and address
- Fill in the paperwork with the customers
- Take payments
- Show customers to their vehicle and point out any bumps, scrapes or special features
- Check the mileage and inspect the cars for damage when a customer brings them back
- Respond to customer complaints
You might work for a long time with one business which regularly rents cars or vans from you. In some jobs you may deal with international clients.
UK employment status
Search course options
Thinking about your future? There are lots of courses available that could interest you. Use our course search to explore course options.Find courses
Search job opportunities
If you're looking for your new career our job search can help you. Discover interesting opportunities and decide your next steps.Find a job
Here are some of the skills needed for this job. Sign in to see how your skills match up.
- Positive attitude
- Verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Managing resources
Your skills can help you choose the career that's right for you. You can build your skills through work, study or activities you do in your spare time.
Our Skills Explorer tool will help you understand what skills you have and match them to jobs that might suit you.Use the Skills Explorer tool
Entry requirements for courses can change. Always contact the college, university or training provider to check exactly what you'll need.