The website [www.myworldofwork.co.uk] (the “Site”) is operated by The Skills Development Scotland Co. Limited, a company registered in Scotland with company number SC202659 and having its registered office at Monteith House, 11 George Square, Glasgow G2 1DY (“we” or “us”).
By using the Site you consent to the collection, storage, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering on the Site
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of the Site (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation)
A cookie is information sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
For more information on cookies which are used on My World of Work, read our cookies policy.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the Site
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the Site
- Enable your use of the services available on the Site
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Send you our newsletter and other marketing communications which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- Address enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the Site
- Analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop our business and the services we offer;
- Provide you with access to certain parts of our Site;
- All other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations and business; and
- to contact you for your views on our services
We may contact you by post, telephone or SMS, as well as by e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future by any of these means then please let us know.
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
The information you provide to us will be treated as confidential. However, we may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us such as our employees, officers, agents, or partners as necessary for the purposes set out in this policy or for purposes approved by you.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational security precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and although we will take the reasonable security measures outlined above we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the Site).
Please help us keep our records secure and updated by informing us of any changes to your e-mail address and other contact details.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information:
- May be subject to payment of a nominal fee
- Will be subject to your provision of evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address)
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
Third party websites
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this Site is The Skills Development Scotland Co. Limited, which is notified to the Information Commissioner as a data controller with registration number Z1445093.