Career outlook for recruitment consultant
UK Salary Ranges
Currently employed in Scotland
What's it like?
You would help organisations and companies find staff with the right skills.You’d match people who are looking for a job to suitable vacancies.
You would work for a recruitment agency, which would be paid by companies and organisations when you help them get the right staff. You’d also speak to lots of individual job seekers so that you have a large number of people who you could put forward for suitable vacancies.
- Take details of vacancies from employers
- Interview and test individuals so you know what their skills are
- Match candidates to suitable jobs
- Screen and shortlist candidates for employers
- Build good relationships with employers
- Keep in touch with job seekers who use your agency
- Keep records of clients, employers and vacancies
- Negotiate your agency’s fees
- Approach companies to persuade them to use your services
- Find and approach people for executive or specialist jobs (known as head hunting)
There are different kinds of employment agencies you could work for, dealing with permanent or temporary work at all levels in many different industries.
This can be a high-pressure role, as you might need to meet targets for the number of vacancies you deal with or the number of people you get into jobs.
UK employment status
Create a qualification route
We've found some examples of the qualifications that could help you get this job.Discover my route
Search course options
Thinking about your future? There are lots of courses available that could interest you. Use our course search to explore course options.Find courses
Search job opportunities
If you're looking for your new career our job search can help you. Discover interesting opportunities and decide your next steps.Find a job
Here are some of the skills needed for this job. Sign in to see how your skills match up.
- Making decisions
- Developing a plan
- Attention to detail
- Verbal communication
- Written communication
- Building relationships
Your skills can help you choose the career that's right for you. You can build your skills through work, study or activities you do in your spare time.
Our Skills Explorer tool will help you understand what skills you have and match them to jobs that might suit you.Use the Skills Explorer tool
Entry requirements for courses can change. Always contact the college, university or training provider to check exactly what you'll need.