ILM Level 3 Award In Leadership & Management
Dumfries and Galloway College
To achieve an Award in Leadership and Management you must achieve between 4 and 12 ILM credits. These units have been selected to provide learners with 5 credits.
- Unit 3600 - 300: Solving problems & Making Decisions
- Know how to describe a problem, its nature, scope and impact- Know how to gather and interpret information to solve a problem- Know how to evaluate options to make a decision- Know how to plan, monitor and review the implementation and communication of decisions
- Unit 8600 - 308: Understanding Leadership
- Understanding Leadership Styles- Understand Leadership Qualities and review own Leadership qualities and potential
- Unit 8600 - 309: Understand How to Establish an Effective Team
- Understand how to develop and maintain effective working relationships- Understand how to build a team
This qualification is ideal if you have management responsibilities but no formal training, and are serious about developing your abilities. Its particularly suited to practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management, and managers who need to lead people through organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures.To achieve this qualification, you need to complete 3 mandatory units:
- Unit 8600-308: Understanding Leadership
- Unit 8600-309: Understanding How to Establish an Effective Team
- Unit 8600-300: Solving Problems & Making Decisions.
Candidates can complete further ILM units to achieve the ILM Level 3 Certificate or Diploma.
Ideal for practicing or aspiring Team Leaders/Supervisors and Managers.