ILM Level 2 Award in Effective Mentoring Skills
Dumfries and Galloway College
8584-200 Understanding mentoring
This unit helps learners to develop an understanding of the role an nature of mentoring
8584-201 Developing Mentoring Skills
This unit will enable learners to undertake mentoring, reflect on their own performance and identify areas of improvement
Designed for delegates who wish to develop their skills in effective mentoring. This course will provide delegates with a better understanding of the skills necessary to mentor young people or those in the early stages of their careers.
Benefits to individuals:
- Developing an understanding of the role and nature of mentoring
- Utilising mentoring skills to reflect on own performance and learning key listening and questioning techniques
- Understanding how to organise mentoring activities and plan for effective mentoring sessions
- Reflecting on own performance and defining the goals, progress and actions required.
Benefits to employer:
- Gives employees the skills and knowledge to develop mentoring
- Practice within their own roles and responsibilities
- Develops a mentoring culture in organisation by introducing mentoring skills and techniques.
ILM Level 3 Leadership and ManagementILM Level 3 Effective Coaching and Mentoring
As part of the assessment, delegates should be able to demonstrate mentoring. For example, youth club, volunteering, workplace or education setting.