The NC Administration SCQF Level 5 course provides an exciting new opportunity to gain the skills required for working in an administrative role within any organisation in the public or private sector. As part of the programme there will be the opportunity to achieve the Higher in Administration and Information Technology and achieve some SCQF Level 6 units as well as plan and take part in a real event.
This course is suitable for school leavers or other young people looking for employment in an administrative field; it may also be attractive if you are a mature student wishing to change career direction or return to full or part time study.
- Word Processing
- Front of Office Skills
- Central Services
- Managing Your Time and Resources
- Handling Business Documents
- Researching and Preparing Presentations
- Event Organisation
- IT Solutions for Administrators
- Word Processing at SCQF Level 6
- Administration and IT (External Higher) at SCQF Level 6
- IT Solutions for Administrators at SCQF Level 6
- E-touch Typing: Copy Speed Test (40 wpm)
- Recording Cash Transactions
- Human Resources: Administration
- Developing Skills for Employment
- Work Placement
- Contact Centre Skills: Call Handling
Academic: You can progress on to our Higher National Certificate (HNC) Business, Accounting, Events or IT at Shetland UHI or another college (conditional on achieving one Higher or equivalent, at SCQF level 6).
Employment/Career: You can apply for a range of administrative employment positions, including Modern Apprenticeships within local organisations.
3 National 4s, one of which must be Englishor2 Standard Grades at General level (or equivalent), one of which must be Englishorsatisfactory attainment of a SCQF Level 4 course.Applications are encouraged from mature students who do not possess formal qualifications but have appropriate understanding and skills to meet the academic demands of the course.