- Students will be able to identify what an apprenticeship is, what they involve and who does them.
- I can explain what an apprenticeship is.
- I am aware that an apprenticeship is an option for anyone who wants to do one.
- I can identify various routes into employment.
- I can discuss and make decisions about my own career.
- ICT facilities.
- PowerPoint presentation.
- Paper and pen.
- Video playback function via YouTube.
These are suggested timescales only and will vary dependent on your group/pupil and how you choose to facilitate the activity:
- 30 to 45 minutes -standalone activities may vary
This lesson is suitable for S1 to S3 pupils with follow on support via careers advisers and Industry engagement in senior phase S4 to S6.