Work experience can help your child stand out from the crowd when they are applying for a college, university or their first job.
A work placement gives your child a chance to:
- gain an insight into the world of work
- use skills required in the workplace such as teamworking and good timekeeping
- develop self-awareness and confidence
- understand the links between their school subjects and the world of work
- meet new people who could help them in the future
Your child’s teachers will help them arrange a placement, but you can also help. Find out how with our 3 tips.