Scotland is a thriving centre for investment management in the UK, meaning fantastic career opportunities for young people. From working with people in human resources and sales, to creative jobs in marketing and social media, and working directly with funds in investment operations and management, the sector has a broad range of career pathways.
Investment 20/20 supports students to explore careers in investment management, and their Trainee and Apprenticeship programme provides an entry route for young people wanting to join straight from school. We are offering schools employer led sessions to enable students in S5 and S6 to explore careers in investment management. This is a brilliant way to ensure students connect with employers who are offering apprenticeship positions to start in Autumn 2021.
Our live virtual careers sessions are 15 minutes, 30 minutes or 45 minutes and are a perfect introduction to investment management. Students will gain an overview of the sector, career pathways and advice on how to navigate a route in.
- The 15-minute session is perfect for an assembly, tutorial slot or similar for a brief introduction and exploration of Investment20/20.
- The 30-minute session provides a deeper insight into the sector and gives time for students to ask questions.
- The 45-minute session includes an Investment Ambassador (an industry professional) who will share their own career story.
Virtual delivery options:
- The school or college to set up the session using your preferred video conferencing platform and invite Investment20/20 as a live guest. If preferred we can host on our platform (MS Teams of GoTo Meeting).
- If a real time, virtual session isn’t possible due to technology access at your school or college we can send you a lesson plan that can be facilitated by a teacher or careers adviser. The session is delivered in fifteen to twenty minutes and contains two short films. Full facilitator notes and a PowerPoint deck are provided. We also provide an email with a summary and useful links which can be sent to students by the teacher as a follow up.
Please register your interest below. For more information go to our website HERE
Administration, business and management, Financial services, Science, mathematics and statistics
English, Expressive arts, Health and wellbeing, Languages, Mathematics, Religious and moral education, Sciences, Social studies, Technologies, Other
Align interests to skills and careers, Connection between skills and work, Connection between subject choices and work, Employer pathways, Making career decisions, Making decisions, Recognise interesting pathways, Understand sector skills and knowledge