In this apprenticeship you will learn how to ensure that all equipment loading, unloading and yard movement of equipment owned or managed by James Fisher offshore is carried out in a safe, efficient, and economical manner in full accordance with Company procedures. As part of your apprenticeship, you will study for a SVQ in Warehousing, Storage and Distribution SCQF level 6 qualification, supported by James Fisher offshore where you will have a mentor and Early Careers Programme.
You will also learn to expand on the 5 core skills
• Information and Communication Technology
• Problem Solving
• Working with others • Minimum of four National 5 Grades, which must include Maths. A related Foundation Apprenticeship is advantageous but not essential.
• Excellent communication skills – the ability to interact with people, via telephone and in person
• Strong attention to detail
• Well organised individual
• Ability to multi-task
• Have the energy and enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced environment and be challenged