Students will be able to describe ways in which stereotyping can impact on career choice.
- identify gender stereotypes around them
- understand that skills and qualities are more relevant than gender in the world of work
Before you start
- Go to myworldofwork.co.uk and register as a Primary teacher.
- Register your class to use myworldofwork.co.uk/primary.
- A fun way to introduce the activity could be to ask each pupil to bring a toy into school and discuss gender stereotypes in toys.
- Consider completing I’ll do that before this lesson.
These are suggested timescales only and will vary dependent on your group:
- 60 mins + (will vary considerably based on amount of group discussion)
- This lesson is suitable for Second level but may be more appropriate for those in P5.