Career outlook for travel agent
UK Salary Ranges
Currently employed in Scotland
What's it like?
You would book trips, sell holiday packages and give advice to help make travel easier for people.
You could be based in a high street travel agent or a call centre.
- Help customers to find a package holiday or plan independent travel
- Check the holiday availability by phone or computer
- Make bookings using a computer
- Collect deposits and fill in booking forms
- Contact customers when their tickets arrive, and collect final payments
- Tell customers about any changes such as cancelled flights, and arrange an alternative
- Advise customers about passports, travel insurance, visas, vaccinations and tours
- Arrange refunds and handle complaints
You might also manage travel for business people. You would deal with documents, tickets, car hire and accommodation.
UK employment status
Create a qualification route
We've found some examples of the qualifications that could help you get this job.Discover my route
Search course options
Thinking about your future? There are lots of courses available that could interest you. Use our course search to explore course options.Find courses
Search job opportunities
If you're looking for your new career our job search can help you. Discover interesting opportunities and decide your next steps.Find a job
Here are some of the skills needed for this job. Sign in to see how your skills match up.
- Building relationships
- Verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Developing a plan
- Taking initiative
- Time management
Your skills can help you choose the career that's right for you. You can build your skills through work, study or activities you do in your spare time.
Our Skills Explorer tool will help you understand what skills you have and match them to jobs that might suit you.Use the Skills Explorer tool
Entry requirements for courses can change. Always contact the college, university or training provider to check exactly what you'll need.