Career outlook for training manager
UK Salary Ranges
Currently employed in Scotland
What's it like?
You would manage training programmes to help company staff improve their skills and get more out of their jobs.
- Speak with other managers to find out about training needs
- Come up with and present training options to cover all staff
- Draw up a training plan
- Make training materials, including e-learning materials
- Work with external teams to create specialist courses
- Manage the team that will deliver programmes
- Update records and documents
- Make sure training is within budget and time limits
In a smaller organisation you may also deliver some of the training.
UK employment status
Create a qualification route
We’ve found some examples of the qualifications that could help you get this job.Discover my route
Here are some of the skills needed for this job. Sign in to see how your skills match up.
- Verbal communication
- Written communication
- Developing a plan
- Implementing ideas
- Motivating others
- Taking responsibility
Your skills can help you choose the career that’s right for you. You can build your skills through work, study or activities you do in your spare time.
To understand more, have a look at What are my skills?
Our Skills Explorer tool will help you understand what skills you have and match them to jobs that might suit you.Use the Skills Explorer tool
Entry requirements for courses can change. Always contact the college, university or training provider to check exactly what you’ll need.