Career outlook for royal navy rating
UK Salary Ranges
Currently employed in Scotland
What's it like?
You would support the Royal Navy through a variety of roles on ships and submarines or in a shore base.
Your work would vary depending on which branch of the service you support and your specific trade.
You could work in:
- Warfare – you would look after weapons, electronic systems and communications systems on a ship
- Submarine service – you would look after weapons, electronic systems and communications systems on a submarine
- Engineering – you would keep ships, submarines and aircraft running
- Logistics – you would manage office, accounting, stores and catering systems
- Medical, including Queen Alexandra’s Royal Naval Nursing Service (QARNNS) – you would give healthcare to personnel and their families
- Naval air branch – you would prepare aircraft for flight and help to navigate
UK employment status
Create a qualification route
We've found some examples of the qualifications that could help you get this job.Discover my route
Search course options
Thinking about your future? There are lots of courses available that could interest you. Use our course search to explore course options.Find courses
Search job opportunities
If you're looking for your new career our job search can help you. Discover interesting opportunities and decide your next steps.Find a job
Here are some of the skills needed for this job. Sign in to see how your skills match up.
- Making decisions
- Developing a plan
- Working with technology
- Verbal communication
- Problem solving
Your skills can help you choose the career that's right for you. You can build your skills through work, study or activities you do in your spare time.
Our Skills Explorer tool will help you understand what skills you have and match them to jobs that might suit you.Use the Skills Explorer tool
Entry requirements for courses can change. Always contact the college, university or training provider to check exactly what you'll need.