Career outlook for nail technician
UK Salary Ranges
Currently employed in Scotland
What's it like?
You would care for people’s hands and feet, giving manicures and pedicures to keep them looking their best and feeling healthy.
- Do basic treatments, such as manicures and pedicures
- Clean and file nails
- Put on false nails or extensions
- Decorate nails with coloured varnish, transfers, gems or glitter
- Paint designs onto nails with an airbrush (by hand or using a stencil)
- Repair, look after and remove false nails and extensions
- Check for any signs of skin or nail problems before treatment
- Give advice about nail care and recommend useful products
Health and safety is an extremely important part of the work. You would need to make sure that you use chemicals and tools correctly and follow strict hygiene procedures.
UK employment status
Create a qualification route
We've found some examples of the qualifications that could help you get this job.Discover my route
Search course options
Thinking about your future? There are lots of courses available that could interest you. Use our course search to explore course options.Find courses
Search job opportunities
If you're looking for your new career our job search can help you. Discover interesting opportunities and decide your next steps.Find a job
Here are some of the skills needed for this job. Sign in to see how your skills match up.
- Positive attitude
- Building relationships
- Verbal communication
- Attention to detail
Your skills can help you choose the career that's right for you. You can build your skills through work, study or activities you do in your spare time.
Our Skills Explorer tool will help you understand what skills you have and match them to jobs that might suit you.Use the Skills Explorer tool
Entry requirements for courses can change. Always contact the college, university or training provider to check exactly what you'll need.