Career outlook for insurance account manager
UK Salary Ranges
Currently employed in Scotland
What's it like?
You would promote your company’s insurance products to the advisers and agents who give people financial advice.
You would increase the sales of your company’s insurance policies, trying to meet your sales targets. You’d specialise in one particular area such as life assurance or corporate insurance.
When you persuade an agent - an insurance broker or an independent financial adviser - to sell your policies to their customers they would become one of your business accounts. You’d look after several business accounts at one time.
- Build good working relationships with brokers and other agents
- Promote new insurance products
- Set up meetings to get new business accounts and lead the presentation - called a ‘pitch’
- Work with your company’s insurance underwriters to adapt policies
- Set up teams for handling claims and giving contact centre support for new policies
- Develop marketing materials
- Monitor sales performance by the agents
- Give advice to agents on existing products
- Make sure that the agents meet strict financial services industry rules
You’d need to be confident and persuasive, and enjoy making sales and negotiating.
UK employment status
Create a qualification route
We’ve found some examples of the qualifications that could help you get this job.Discover my route
Here are some of the skills needed for this job. Sign in to see how your skills match up.
- Building relationships
- Verbal communication
- Written communication
- Working with numbers
- Attention to detail
- Developing a plan
Your skills can help you choose the career that’s right for you. You can build your skills through work, study or activities you do in your spare time.
To understand more, have a look at What are my skills?
Our Skills Explorer tool will help you understand what skills you have and match them to jobs that might suit you.Use the Skills Explorer tool
Entry requirements for courses can change. Always contact the college, university or training provider to check exactly what you’ll need.