Career outlook for educational psychologist
UK Salary Ranges
Currently employed in Scotland
What's it like?
- Work with teachers, parents and other professionals to understand what a child needs and decide on the best approach
- Observe and assess the child if needed
- Help develop a solution matching the needs of the child
- Run projects to promote healthy learning and socialising amongst young people
- Train teaching staff working with children in need of extra support
- Carry out research and develop policy
UK employment status
Create a qualification route
We’ve found some examples of the qualifications that could help you get this job.Discover my route
Here are some of the skills needed for this job. Sign in to see how your skills match up.
- Building relationships
- Verbal communication
- Developing a plan
- Motivating others
Your skills can help you choose the career that’s right for you. You can build your skills through work, study or activities you do in your spare time.
To understand more, have a look at What are my skills?
Our Skills Explorer tool will help you understand what skills you have and match them to jobs that might suit you.Use the Skills Explorer tool
Entry requirements for courses can change. Always contact the college, university or training provider to check exactly what you’ll need.