Students will prepare for and take part in a mock interview.
- prepare for an interview
- be an interviewee
- be an interviewer
- take part in class discussion
- self-evaluate their interview performance
Before you start
- Have a look at the factsheet and planning your sessions articles for the Interview tool and consider completing My Interview.
- Consider completing the Strengths lesson plan.
- Consider completing the Know your stuff for interviews lesson plan.
- Download and prepare class resources.
- Define rules for active learning.
These are suggested timescales only and will vary dependent on your group:
- 5 mins: Introduce topic
- 15 mins: Interview role play
- 5 mins: Discussion of mock interview task
- 15 mins: Prepare answers to mock interview questions
- 5 mins: Prepare for interviewer / interviewee roles
- 20 mins: Conducting mock interviews
- 15 mins: Self-Evaluation
- 5 mins: Plenary
This lesson is suitable for:
- preparing for work experience
- preparing for the world of work
- those seeking college or university places – entry interviews
- those seeking training from a training provider
- anyone undertaking volunteering
- those undertaking leadership courses
- anyone studying courses where self-analysis or self-awareness is necessary
- anyone undertaking employability training and vocational courses