Take the next step in your career
Leaving the Armed Forces is a big life change - for you or your family. As you consider your future, it's important to look at all your options to find the career that's right for you.
That's where My World of Work comes in. We'll help you identify your strengths, skills and interests to give you an idea on what jobs you might be suited to - and how to get there.
Register for an account and we can help you:
- Think about your strengths, skills and interests, and see how you can use them in your new career
- Get everything you need to create your CV in one place
- Learn about the jobs and skills that are in demand
- Find courses, training and funding options
- Search and apply for jobs
- Prepare for interviews
The transition process
Depending on your length of service, you’ll be offered a support programme from the Career Transition Partnership, who'll begin your resettlement and prepare you for the civilian job market.
Whether you've completed resettlement and need more guidance, or you're a veteran looking for a career change - we can help at every stage of your journey.
Talk to us
Get free, impartial career information, advice and guidance from our careers advisers.
Call us on 0800 917 8000. Our helpline is open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
Don’t forget, as Scotland’s national careers service, we’re here to support everyone – and that includes you and your family.
Skills you need to succeed
Alongside online tools and information, we offer funding to help you train and improve your skills.
Search for courses and apply online. You could get up to £200 towards a training course with an SDS Individual Training Account (ITA).
Having trouble with reading, writing or numbers? The Big Plus can help. We’ll put you in touch with a free local tutor. You’ll learn in a relaxed and friendly way and can even work towards qualifications in English, Maths and IT – giving you proof of your new skills for your CV.
Here's a quick recap:
- Start your transition with the Career Transition Partnership
- Get started with the Strengths quiz on My World of Work and register for an account
- Explore your options with our tools and online advice
- Learn about funding and training opportunities
- Speak to a careers adviser if you need further advice