Bring the world of work to life with our virtual Meet the Expert sessions.
As part of the My World of Work Live programme, the 40 minute sessions will help inspire young people to consider careers in key sectors.
Experts from a range of sectors will cover topics like their role and how they got there, as well as hints and tips for anyone thinking about a career in that sector.
Young people will be able to interact and ask questions, giving them a chance to gain valuable insight to the role.
Why take part?
The Curriculum for Excellence highlights the importance of linking learning to the world of work. Meet the Expert will help you bring learning to life and the young person develops an understanding of the responsibilities and duties placed on employees and employers.
These sessions also link to the Career Education Standard Expectations of Practitioners and Entitlements of Children and Young People.
How to get involved
To get involved, head to Marketplace and register your class for an event.
Here's a list of what's coming up:
- 26 May 2021 – Virtual Meet the Expert – Scottish Power
- 27 May 2021 – Virtual Meet the Expert - - Oil and Gas Technology Centre
- 1 June 2021 – Virtual Meet the Expert – NHS – Senior Orthotist
- 9 June 2021 - Virtual Meet the Expert - HSBC: employee communications manager
- 10 June 2021 – Virtual Meet the Expert – Scottish Power – Onshore projects and Innovation
- 15 June 2021 – Virtual Meet the Expert – Oil and Gas Technology Centre – Project Engineer
- 16 June 2021 - Virtual Meet the Expert- Financial Services - Investec wealth and investment
- 17 June 2021 - Virtual Meet the Expert- Financial Services- Digital Marketing roles
Please check back for further sessions as we’re currently finalising details with more experts.