Business And Administration
SVQs are available to people who are in employment in business and administration and also in management. They are an exciting way to gain skills and qualifications without having to study full time.
These courses give you the opportunity to develop expertise and knowledge through on-the-job assessment, as well as gaining vital skills such as team work and problem solving by working through the various units and demonstrating competence in relation to the performance criteria.
With the right combination of theory and practice, these awards help students to put their career on track and gain a nationally recognised qualification. You are required to build an e-portfolio within your workplace by gathering a range of relevant evidence such as: work products, personal statements, witness testimonies from line managers, and professional discussions with assessors and line managers.
Students will study units in the following areas:
- Communicate in a business environment.
- Plan how to manage and improve own performance in a business environment.
- Review and maintain work in a business environment.
Optional units may include:
- Plan and organise meetings.
- Design and produce documents in a business environment.
- Deliver, monitor and evaluate customer service to internal/external customers.
- Analyse and report data.
- Supoort other people to work in a business environment.
(5 optional units will be chosen based on own work areas and responsibilities.
You should be working in a business and administration environment to undertake SVQs in Business and Administration.