MA SVQ 3 Business and Administration
UHI North Highland
This exciting SVQ qualification has been designed in partnership with industry and SQA to ensure it is relevant and up to date to meet the needs of many business sectors. Most of the assessment for this SVQ will be carried out in the workplace which minimises time candidates need to be away from their work.
Candidates will be assigned a highly experienced assessor who will support each candidate build a portfolio of evidence demonstrating knowledge and competence in the sector.
NHC offer this SVQ on a rolling programme (ie you can start this qualification at any point throughout an academic year).
This Modern Apprenticeship framework is developed by the sector skills council, Instructus Skills, in consultation with employers and key partners in the industry. The course can be tailored towards the specific needs of the employer but will typically contain core skills and industry specific units. These include:
Three mandatory units:
• Plan how to manage and improve own Performance in a business environment
• Review and maintain work in a business environment
• Communicate in a business environment
Candidates also choose six optional units from a fairly large selection (discussion between candidate, employer and NHC assessor will take place to discuss these optional units to ensure the best fit of units for candidate’s job role). Below is a small selection of optional units:
• Support other people to work in a Business Environment
• Supervise an Office Facility
• Design and Produce Documents in a Business Environment
• Deliver. Monitor and evaluate customer service to Internal Customers
• Deliver, Monitor and evaluate customer service to External Customers
• Develop a Presentation
• Deliver a Presentation
• Plan and organise Meetings
• Provide Reception Services
• Handle Mail
• Meet and Welcome Visitors
The Communication, Working with Others and Problem Solving Core Skills are fully embedded within the Business and Administration SVQ at SCQF Level 6 therefore these core skills are not required to be delivered as part of the MA. The Information and Communication Technology and Numeracy Core Skills will be delivered and assessed if the candidate does not already hold these core skills.
One Enhancement must be chosen and agreed with the assessor from a list provided by Instructus Skills such as;
• Another optional unit from the SVQ at SCQF level 6 in Business and Administration
• One core skill at higher level than specified in the framework
• A unit from PC Passport, basic or advanced ECDL or part ECDL (three or more modules of ECDL)
Participants may enter into the wide range of full and part time provision offered by the college or continue with employment goals.
Candidates should be employed within a business/administration role.Potential MA Business and Administration candidates should hold a qualification in:• Communication/English at SCQF Level 5• Numeracy at SCQF Level 5• ICT at SCQF Level 5Or equivalent qualificationsand be able to demonstrate an interest and desire to work in, or experience of working in, the field of business and administration. Candidates without evidence of achievement of formal academic qualifications as above will be asked to undertake a short ‘profile’ document to demonstrate ability of core skills at these levels.Please note that applying for this course does not guarantee a Modern Apprenticeship place, your application will be discussed with you in the first instance.