MA SVQ 2 Business and Administration
UHI North Highland
This Modern Apprenticeship initiative offers people the chance to work towards achieving an SVQ in Business and Administration at SCQF Level 5. The programme is a combination of work-based and college training and provides the dual benefit of students gaining a nationally recognised qualification while being paid as they work.
This Modern Apprenticeship consists of an SVQ, Core Skills and an Enhancement.
- Debt free learning
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- Career progression opportunities
- Cost effective training supported by funding from Skills Development Scotland (up to 100% funding depending on age and eligibility criteria)
- Develop up to date and relevant skills and qualifications
This Modern Apprenticeship framework is developed by the sector skills council, Instructus Skills, in consultation with employers and key partners in the industry. The course can be tailored towards the specific needs of the employer but will typically contain core skills and industry specific units. These include:
Three Mandatory units:
- Agree how to manage and improve own performance in the business environment
- Undertake work in a business environment
- Prepare to communicate in a business environment
Five Optional Units such as:
- Provide reception services
- Use office equipment
- Support the organisation and co-ordination of events
- Spreadsheet software 2
- Meet and welcome visitors
The Communication, Working with Others and Problem Solving Core Skills are fully embedded within the Business and Administration SVQ at SCQF Level 5, therefore, these core skills are not required to be delivered as part of the MA. The Information and Communication Technology and Numeracy Core Skills will be delivered and assessed if the candidate does not already hold these core skills.
One Enhancement must be chosen and agreed with the assessor from a list provided by Instructus Skills such as;
- Another optional unit from the SVQ at SCQF level 5 or 6 in Business and Administration
- One core skill at a higher level than specified in the framework
- A unit from PC Passport, basic or advanced ECDL or part ECDL (three or more modules of ECDL)
All of our Modern Apprenticeships are a blended delivery, the majority of the apprentices' time will be spent within the workplace however they may be required to attend college as part of their apprenticeship programme which will be agreed between the assessor and employer.
Participants may enter into the wide range of full and part time provision offered by the college or continue with employment goals, including HNC Business, PDA Business or Business/Admin roles.
Candidates should be employed within a business/administration role. Potential MA Business and Administration candidates should hold a qualification in: Communication/English at SCQF Level 4 Numeracy at SCQF Level 4 ICT at SCQF Level 4Or equivalent qualificationsandbe able to demonstrate an interest an desire to work in, or experience of working in, the field of business and administration. Candidates without evidence of achievement of formal academic qualifications as above will be asked to undertake a short 'profile' document to demonstrate ability of core skills at these levels. Please note that applying for this course does not guarantee a Modern Apprenticeship place, your application will be discussed with you in the first instance.