HNC Administration and IT with PDA in Medical Administration
If you are looking for an Administrative role within the private and public sector medical and health organisations, but do not yet have the qualifications, this course could be for you. We have enhanced our HNC Administration with the addition of a Professional Development Award in Medical Administration that has been mapped to the NHS Knowledge and Skills Framework. This framework is used to review and develop staff performance within the NHS.This course will equip you with the knowledge and/or skills required for employment in an administrative role within a medical/health care environment.There are many different roles available from Medical Receptionist in a GP surgery to a Medical Secretary within a hospital.In addition to the above, you will be developing your administrative and IT skills that are required in every type of business and organisation to help them operate efficiently. This ranges from small specialist firms to large national companies and government organisations like local councils. This maximises your job opportunities once your course is complete- so if you invest in some good admin and IT skills now, you could have a great future ahead!This course will give you the in-depth knowledge and skills you’ll need to work confidently and efficiently in an admin or IT role, and quickly become a valuable member of the team.You'll learn about medical terminology that is used in the healthcare system such as medical abbreviations as well as how to correctly pronounce terms. You'll gain knowledge inroles, staff responsibilities, procedures and legislation relating to hospital patient administration as well as developing your knowledge within medical administration. You will also have an opportunity to take part in a work placement opportunity within a medical environment.A central part of the course will be developing your IT skills to a high level, including extending your knowledge of common software packages.You’ll look at key areas of the admin function, and systems and technologies for the smooth running of a modern office.You’ll look at business communication, learning how to produce high quality business documents, and develop skills for performing effectively at meetings or presentations. You’ll learn about the importance of good customer care as well as how bookkeeping skills are used within a business.Finally, you’ll have the chance to:
- Meet local business employers as well as NHS who’ll give you their top tips for successful interviews and tell you the key skills they look for when recruiting a new employee.Some students may also have the opportunity to:
- Work on a real project for a local business, which can sometimes lead to employment. Secure part-time or summer jobs via our links with local employers.
When you successfully complete this course, you’ll have the choice of:
- Starting your Medical Administrative career within the NHS or a private-sector medical or health care organisation Using your administrative and IT skills to start your career in a customer service or admin support role in any type of organisation. Possible jobs includePA, admin assistant or receptionist. Moving onto a Level 8 course such as HND Administration and IT
For entry to this course you’ll need:
- A real interest in working in adminor IT, a minimum of 1 Higher and ideally English or Maths at SCQF Level 5/6, although we’ll consider a relevant group of NQ Units and SCQF Level 6, or Foundation Apprenticeship in Business Skills
- An interview with us.If you don’t have formal qualifications but have previous employment, practical or life experience, then we’ll also consider you for a place, so please call us for a chat.