Webinars for secondary pupils and school leavers
We’re hosting a series of CareerJam webinars to support you as you take your next steps in school or after school.
Careers advisers discuss topics including Foundation Apprenticeships, college and university applications, online or phone interviews and labour market information.
The sessions are recorded so you can watch them whenever suits you.
Just keep in mind you won’t be able to ask any questions as they aren’t live.
If you need more advice or support, you can call our helpline on 0800 917 8000, which is available Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
Staying on at school? Find out about a Foundation Apprenticeship
In this webinar, Jolene and Kay tell us about:
- What a Foundation Apprenticeship is
- What is involved
- Why choose a Foundation Apprenticeship
- How to find out more and get involved
How your careers adviser can help you
Two of our careers advisers, Hilary and Erin discuss:
- Coping with your emotions in the current situation
- Career management skills
- Positive actions you can take
- Looking to the future
Interview hints and tips
Hilary and Erin tell us about:
- Different types of interview
- Top tips and techniques
- Phone and video interviews
- Confidence boosting tips
Applying for college
In this episode, Jen and Nicole talk about college. They discuss:
- Why you might go to college
- What going to college is like
- How to create a college application
- Funding that's available to you
- Where college can lead you
Liz and Joan give information and advice about university. They cover:
- UCAS and UCAS Extra
- Clearing and Clearing Plus
- Student funding and money matters
- SDS results helpline
Employment and the labour market
In this episode, Jolene and Kay give information and advice on employment and the labour market. They cover:
- Introduction to the labour market
- Essential skills
- How to apply for employment opportunities
- Creating a CV
- Useful tools and resources
Speak to someone
If you need more support or guidance, you can call our helpline on 0800 917 8000 to speak with an adviser.
You can also use our live chat. The button will appear at the side of the page when there's an adviser available.
Get started on My World of Work
We can help you create your first CV and write your college or university personal statement.
Get started with your to-do list in your My World of Work account.